Henkel´s Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. What do you strive for?
The Demand Planner/Forecaster is the owner of either the short term 0 – 3 month or the long term 4 – 24 month planning horizon to create item level forecasts by analyzing all quantitative and qualitative inputs into the forecast following the product life cycle (e.g. developing a statistically sound forecast, trade promotional plans, competitive impacts, new items launch and cannibalization). The position will work closely with sales, marketing, supply chain, & finance teams to drive brand and customer alignment within the S&OP cycle.
The Planner/Forecaster is responsible for developing and leveraging detailed analysis to drive forecast improvement. He/she will draw conclusions from analysis and provide clear communication of changes in forecast from one cycle to another. The position is a subject matter expert on forecasting systems and training/process resource within the Demand Management team.
What we offer
- Responsible for developing and maintaining either the rolling short term 0 – 3 month or long term 4 – 24 month forecast horizon at the Brand/Product/DC/Account level by analyzing internal & external customer data, sales promotional events and statistical models and algorithms.
- Gathering, cleansing and validation of historical data and forecast inputs (both internal and external data) to support best forecast possible, using recognized statistical modeling metrics, KPIs, such as, Forecast Accuracy, MAPE, R2 and Coefficient of Variation.
- Understanding and unbiased interpretation of the Sales trade plans, Marketing plans and Financial plans to develop an unbiased and unconstrained forecast.
- Review sales history, baselines, trends, & statistical forecast models to continuously improve forecasting techniques, methods, & approaches.
- Generate forecast and understand promotional spikes and perform post-promotional analysis
- Work in partnership with counterparts on either the short term demand planning team or the long term demand forecasting team to ensure forecast alignment from the LT into the ST.
- Lead Brand or Customer S&OP forecasting planning meetings with cross-functional team members & key stakeholders
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand processes & systems.
- Respond to Adhoc reporting and forecasting requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain current system for forecasting & reporting.
- Demonstrate leadership in engaging & working with key business partners.
- Analysis of Brand/Product/DC/Account demand performance through forecast accuracy metrics/KPI’s including MAPE and bias to improve the joint supply chain metrics
- Track demand forecast performance, identifying root causes of variance, identifying and implementing solutions to solve for forecast improvement Develop documentation and reports required to support Demand Manager day in the life.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for SAP APO/DP, Forecast X forecasting software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and other forecasting tools.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or Logistics.
- 3-5 years combined experience in: Forecasting, Marketing, Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing, and/or Logistics.
- Demonstrated strong analytical & problem solving abilities.
- Clear demonstration of leadership, communication, and influencing others.
- Experience in CPG environment preferred.
- Detailed oriented with a drive for precision & accuracy.
- In-depth knowledge of demand forecasting/statistical modeling techniques and inputs (e.g., business trends, seasonality, consumption patterns).
- Must have excellent analytical skills with an ability to understand, distil and translate data into actionable information to support decision-making, and to make sound judgment calls when data is incomplete.
- Ability to understand and build clear linkages between data sets and results: Nielsen, customer POS, inventory, customer promotions, competitive impacts to generate and improve forecasts.
- Proven results against forecast accuracy metrics.
- Adept at communicating findings: managing message to fit audience, skilled in various data visualizations, rigorous in adherence to mathematical principles, and relevant to solving real business problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Related discipline.
- Statistical modeling and analysis, including data interpretation
- Comfortable managing large amounts of data
- Ability to be proactive, detail oriented and communicate clearly
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application