Henkel´s Beauty, Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. Our products maintain market-leading positions worldwide and our business is continually expanding. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. If you are looking for a challenging, dynamic and collaborative environment, this is the place to bring your career.
The Manager – Trade Logistics is a key position within Logistics. The role has responsibility for developing and delivering customer tailored solutions with emphasis on improved service and sales.
The role is required to capitalize on strategic opportunities, drive process innovation and operational excellence throughout logistics; ensuring the optimum network logistics solution. Effective operational management is required to balance service, cost and capability and to ensure sustained high performance levels.
The role reports to the Senior Trade Logistics Manager and collaborates with key business partners to ensure effective management, interacting with Customer Service, Sales, Finance, Purchasing and other Supply Chain functions to identify and meet business requirements at a tactical level. Externally the role is responsible for connecting with Customers to understand “critical to customer” elements and to take appropriate actions to drive results. Key customers may include, but not limited to: Costco, Kroger, Publix, and Dollar General.
What we offer
The Manager, Trade Logistics will act as a connectivity point for Sales, Customer Service, and ultimately our Customers to ensure that we are developing and delivering customer specific solutions focused on improved service with sustainability. The role is divided between strategic orientation and operational execution as required. The role will be required to achieve the following deliverables including but not limited to:
- Manage and influence Senior Leaders, enabling an environment for continued high performance, including:
• Define objectives setting and support to ensure delivery, providing day-to-day guidance to ensure operational execution
• Ensure key skills development. Focus area building core capability to improve service
• Facilitate the formal and informal feedback processes ensuring effective performance management of our carriers and 3PL Providers
• Role model Henkel leadership competencies
- Ownership of all relevant processes and tools to ensure effective warehouse/distribution management
• Ensure the definition, maintenance and improvement of all operating processes (fulfillment, inventory, quality, etc)
• Ensure compliance with Henkel standard operating procedures and any other internal / external compliance requirements
• Ensure adherence to standards and requirements (e.g., FIFO, limiting aged products etc)
• Ensure effective and cost efficient operating tools to support operations management
- Effectively manage and oversee third party vendor relationships to enable supply chain execution.
• Ensure safety and quality comply with Henkel standard operating procedures; ensure safety and sustainability reporting meet global requirements.
• Align service level agreements with customer centric service strategy and ensure performance is in line with business requirements on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
• Partner with Purchasing to evaluate, select and appoint third party vendors to provide services to the business for warehousing and distribution, ensuring best value for the business and best-in-class business partners
• Oversee the day-to-day operating relationships with third party vendors and ensure compliance and performance against agreed contract terms
- Ensure financial accountability through cost management to deliver sustained business value.
• Ensure correct invoicing processes with assigned third party vendors and implement appropriate governance
• Work with Logistics Leadership and Purchasing to ensure ‘best value’ solutions and favorable commercial terms for the business
- Optimize the order cycle and flow of product from all Henkel NA supply locations to maximize Customer satisfaction
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to optimize the flow of product from all Henkel supply locations ensuring the supply and demand plans are achieved and meet customer expectations
• Serve as the primary interface between Logistics and Customer Service and Sales for assigned Customers.
• Partner with Customer Service to develop collaborative customer centric solutions that optimize order execution and logistics activities
- Deliver a culture of performance management and ensure delivery of agreed performance metrics.
• Manage the key performance indicators (KPI’s) and key success factors for warehouse operations (e.g., load readiness, receiving timeliness, inventory accuracy, order pick accuracy, etc)
• Implement a “CAPA” corrective action preventative action cycle to address any areas of sub-optimal performance, ensuring corrective action
Who we are looking for
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree Level (Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or other relevant subject)
- 5+ years manager level experience in Operations / Supply Chain gained within the CPG Industry
- Ability to do data extractions is required. Access database experience highly desired
- Demonstrable operations management and execution capability
- Extensive knowledge of network design and logistics
- Experience in developing and implementing large scope customized solutions
- Office environment. 15 – 25% travel (warehouse and customer visits).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application