Henkel operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies in three exciting business areas: Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Senior Financial Analyst, Supply Chain is responsible for providing planning and analysis support for Cost Savings for the North America Laundry & Beauty Businesses. This position reports directly to the Director, Cost Productivity (Supply Chain Finance) and will be responsible for the following:
What we offer
- Support our key strategic initiative of continuously driving costs out of the supply chain. This process fuels our bottom-line growth and creates the ability to invest back in the business.
- As part of the Supply Chain Finance team, play an active role in understanding cost drivers, and using this knowledge to forecast our costs accurately.
- Quantify savings on projects such as Formula and Packaging Changes, Manufacturing footprint changes (including Make vs. Buy decisions), Infrastructure projects, Procurement savings, and continuous improvement projects within the plants, external manufacturers, and distribution centers.
- Collaborate with partners in other areas of Finance, as well as business stakeholders involved in each project to understand and forecast the financial impacts of savings projects (end-to-end supply chain impact)
- Meet with business partners in each functional area (R&D, Brand Project Management, Manufacturing, Logistics, External Manufacturing, Procurement) on a regular basis to understand what projects are in the pipeline, and what is the status and timing of each project
- Maintain a cost savings tracker to report actual savings each month, as well as forecast savings. Track projects as they move through the pipeline from Idea state to Completed.
- Develop forecasts of cost savings for each planning period (Annual Plan, and 2-3 Latest Estimates performed during the year). These forecasts should:
1. Tie directly to P&L results
2. Be reported by functional owner, P&L line item, and brand and brand form.
3. Be aligned with each functional owner and finance business partner.
4. Be phased appropriately to match timing of P&L impact, considering inventory and start-up lags
- Communicate financial targets to functional business owners, and continuously measure against them to ensure clear understanding of what each function has achieved vs their Plan.
- Publish a running projection of variance to Plan, and work proactively to ensure we stay on Plan, and forecast and explain any variances.
- Create presentations to update business leaders of progress on cost savings
- Perform Discounted Cash Flow analysis calculations to support decisions on cost savings projects
- Participate in the Ideation process with business stakeholders to maintain a continuous pipeline of cost savings opportunities.
Who we are looking for
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- 1-3 + years relevant business experience required, CPG preferred
- Previous experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment (bills of materials, standard costs, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- ERP system understanding and experience – SAP preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application