Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
In collaboration with their Supervisor, Technical Director, and Innovation Value Driver (IVD) Portfolio Manager, the Senior Scientist will plan and carry out adhesive technology development (TD) activities on ADP projects and represent AR Rapid Systems on multi-functional teams. The Senior Scientist will also lead the development and commercialization of adhesive technologies, products, and processes aligned with AR IVDs
What we offer
- Develop new technologies and products in support of IVD strategy utilizing ADP system through to successful transfer to PD and the production. Assume responsibilities for technology innovation for adhesives/materials for the emerging flexible display market.
- Ensures timely project milestone advancement using best practices to ensure strong, seamless interfaces with all relevant Product Development teams
- Generates innovative adhesive concepts and ideas for new projects (proposals) that could develop and expand existing business opportunities or define emerging opportunities for Henkel Adhesives
- Stays current with technology and market megatrends including science, technology incubators and startups, and innovation management as well as establishing and managing external collaboration programs
- Maintain good communications/relationships with internal and external customers to advance technology development programs
- Leads significant portions of projects on data, where there is little fundamental technical understanding or clearly established causal relationships
- Writes project progress reports, trip reports, invention disclosures, and technical papers
- Maintains lab space at 5S Level 3 and champions 5S and Henkel safety programs.
Who we are looking for
- PhD plus experience (5-10 years) preferred, but MS plus additional experience in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, or material science considered
- Ability to outperform and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced team setting
- Track record of accomplishments evidenced by new technologies and products developed,invention disclosures and patents, and published scientific papers
- Experience managing the research product development interface
- Ability to travel to customer sites, production facilities, and technical meetings as required
- Technical: Expert in organic chemistry, polymer science, polymer engineering, or materials science. Expert in all aspects of fast cure technology development. Clear grasp of AR innovation strategy and aspirations
- Leadership: Strong and skilled as an individual scientist within Henkel. A role model as a career scientist, project leader, team member, and mentor
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career