United States, Salt Lake City, UT, Laundry & Home Care
Engineering/Maintenance Shift Programmer
The Engineering/Maintenance Shift Programmer will utilize technology to improve, optimize and automate packaging and processing operations within the plant, provide leadership in all areas involving electrical engineering, controls, instrumentation & provide troubleshooting expertise & maintenance support to all areas of the facility.
This role works the Night Shift (Sun - Wed / every other Sat)
- Safety leadership is a fundamental aspect of the role and is part of everyone’s responsibility.
- Identify areas of improvement opportunity and execute solutions utilizing automation skills and the latest technology
- Define, design, execute and startup electrical, control & instrumentation projects and support capital project installations in these areas.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to members of the plant’s electrical and controls team by developing a deep understanding of existing processes, equipment and controls and successfully transferring the knowledge to the team.
- Work closely with operations and maintenance personnel.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Technical degree in electrical, automation, or controls.
- Preferred: Allen Bradley or Siemens Certificates
- Must be an experienced troubleshooter that can understand both equipment function and the production process associated with the equipment
- Must have strong project leadership experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent electrical and mechanical skills
- Competent using Root Cause Analysis and other advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair sophisticated electrical controls and mechanical systems.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot automation controls and PLCS
- Competent with Rockwell Automation control software
A thorough completion of this section is needed for compliance with legal standards such as the Americans with Disabilities Act. The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing for extended period of times
- Must be physically able to bend and twist
- Must be capable of lifting 55 pounds
☐ Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.