United States, Stamford, CT, Beauty Care
Beauty Formulation Scientist Intern
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Henkel Corporation is offering an internship program for 2018 through its Research & Development division. The program offers numerous opportunities for those interested in pursuing careers in technology development, specifically in the areas of product formulation for beauty care sciences. Interns accepted into the program will function as part of an integrated, cross- functional R&D team.
BEAUTY FORMULATION SCIENTIST INTERN
The Beauty Formulation Scientist Intern will plan and execute specification development for raw materials, formulas and projects which support the innovation process of the company.
- Develop experimental designs and work plans in the creation of prototype products and methods.
- Development and preparation of raw material, formula, packaging and finished product specifications.
- Work closely with cross functional R&D teams (formulating, packaging, process development, etc.) in the progression of projects
- Records detailed observation and data from experiments performed. Keeps lab notebook records current and in good order as a working legal document.
- Plans and schedules project tasks related to laboratory experiments and potential consumer trials.
- Reports project status to team members and management as required.
- Responsible for safe working conditions (handles dangerous equipment and hazardous chemicals). Is aware of hazards associated with work assigned, observes safe work practices, keeps equipment neat, clean and in safe
- operating condition, and maintains good housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for following all applicable Federal, State, and Local health, safety, and environmental regulations, as per corporate health, safety and environmental policies.
- Demonstrated progress toward a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in chemistry.
- Basic personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases are required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of scientific method and ability to understand and carry out standard methods relevant to the department.
- Experience required to efficiently perform a variety of research experiments and tests including setting up and operation of apparatus and equipment.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.