United States, Chanhassen, MN, Adhesive Technologies
Technical Customer Service - Thermal Adhesive Automotive Components, Associate Engineer
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Supports and ensures completion of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Plan on customer / all product performance complaints
- Plans for and executes Customer Technical Request Testing, reports and communicates to field teams and/or customers
- Ensures laboratory and application equipment are calibrated and safety checked in compliance with local regulations
- Standardizies and develops new test methods
- Runs and performs customer lab demonstrations using application equipment (internal and external)
- Prepares internal (and external, if relevant) tests reports and makes presentations to internal work group or department
- Participates in presentations to customers
- Leads internal and external technical requests and projects
- Directly communicates (in scope of products tests/validation) with the field Sales/TCS teams, KAMs, project team, customers
- Leads/supports ongoing harmonization and administration of laboratory test methods (incl. Implementation/development of new test methods)
- Participates in training of Sales / Marketing and other Technical personnel (external focus)
- Provides application support for various projects assigned by a supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or relevant Science discipline preferred or Associates Degree in Science
- Entry Level to 7 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer
- Product, applications, customer knowledge to deliver/quantify value and run demos
- Analytical, mechanical, organizational, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Selling/Negotiation and Business/Industry Acumen skills
- Relationship Building and Teamwork skills
- Leverages Digital Tools Motivated, Takes Initiative, Willing to Change, High Learning Agility
- Creative, Adaptable, Deals with Ambiguity, Drives Change & Innovation
- Oral/written communication (English and/or local languages)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.