United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Customer Technical Service Engineer (Metal Packaging)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Technical Service engineer will support Henkel's metal packing business by evaluating the performance of new and innovative products in the laboratory, and supporting the application of our products/solutions at customer facilities by providing technical product support and training.
- Directly communicates with the field Sales/Technical Customer Service teams, Account Managers, project team members, customers Leads/supports ongoing harmonization and administration of laboratory test methods.
- Ensures laboratory and application equipment are calibrated and safety checked in compliance with local regulations.
- Runs and performs customer lab demonstrations using application equipment (internal and external).
- Participates in onsite training of Sales / Marketing and other Technical personnel (external focus).
- Travel to customer sites an average of 30%-40%
- BS, Engineering is required, degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience working directly with customers and metal packaging experience preferred but not required.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivator with good problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel 30%-40%.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.