United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Develops new technologies and products in support of electronic adhesives business. Identifies opportunities for new technologies, products, or performance improvements
- Leads one or multiple R&D projects critical to business and ensures timely project milestone advancement. Actively makes specialized knowledge available to the organization
- Generates innovative adhesive concepts and ideas for new projects (proposals) that could develop and expand existing business opportunities or define emerging opportunities for Henkel Adhesives
- Stays current with technology and market megatrends. Acts as responsible for new research, IP, publications, technology roadmap. Secures IP position in own area of development
- Maintain good communications/relationships with internal and external customers to advance technology development programs. Steers and facilitates knowledge sharing and supports project teams in solving problems
- Writes project progress reports, trip reports, invention disclosures, and technical papers
- Maintains lab space at 5S Level 3 and champions 5S and Henkel safety programs
- PhD in chemistry, polymer science, or material science with experience in applied organic synthesis, oligomer/polymer synthesis and polymer characterization
- Knowledge and expertise in design and synthesis approaches to new compounds; ability to characterize and document molecules
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in team collaboration
- Individual with proven track record of success such as new technologies and products developed, invention disclosures and patents, and published scientific papers publication in peer reviewed journals
- Understanding of curing chemistry and property / structure relationships is a plus
- Ability to travel to customer sites, production facilities, and technical meetings as required
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.