United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Lab Technician Intern- Jan 2022-Jan 2023
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Prepare test coupons according to customer specifications and internal test methods.
- Read and use dial calipers, micrometers and standard shop measuring tools.
- Set up, calibrate, operate, monitor and troubleshoot testing equipment
- Apply basic lab techniques to perform routine and non-routine tests with limited direct supervision. Collect and analyze data.
- Enter accurate data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports.
- Ability to understand as well as perform mathematical and statistical functions.
- Prepare data reports, graphs, and charts on results as requested.
- Demonstrate creativity with new ideas, efficiency improvements, and make suggestions to improve procedures.
- Follow proper material storage and handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- High School graduate and currently pursuing college degree with two years of college chemistry or related science courses.
- Previous laboratory experience highly desired.
- Proficiency at routine mathematics, which includes addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Experience with basic tool manipulation including mixing equipment, lab glassware, testing machines, and other standard lab tools.
- Experience manipulating and graphing data and reporting experimental work.
- Experience working in a team environment and working on multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.