United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Sustainability & Environmental Manager
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Sustainability and Environmental Manager will play a key role in translating Henkel’s global Adhesives manufacturing sustainability and environmental strategy and targets into North American (NA) regional programs & goals.
- Set standards for sustainable manufacturing in NA in coordination with our engineering department, and steer regional investment projects for achieving our 2030 sustainability ambition.
- Develop regional sustainability competence through workshops, best practice sharing, local engagement programs, etc.
- Act as sustainability/environmental counterpart for major investments and projects, support processes for site decommissioning and divestment, assist in due diligence and M&A integration.
- Drive digitalization of relevant sustainability process and provide technical expertise with scorecard/project & investment reviews and assessments.
- Support Energy Management system and Energy Efficiency programs including ISO 50001 implementation, ISO 140001 and ensure compliance with environmental permits/regulations including remediation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Lean Management, Environmental Science or similar work experience. (Masters degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with focus on sustainability.
- Proven green skills including managing programs for decarbonization, improving water circularity and finding circular material solutions
- Excellent communication skills including articulating benefits and risks to all levels in the organization
- Capability to effectively influence stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Ability to interpret data to develop robust business cases for sustainability projects
- Knowledge in remediation and Occupational Safety and Health Administration policy a plus
- Ability to accommodate 25% travel.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular