China, Shanghai-Zhangjiang, Henkel Consumer Brands
Demand Planning Manager.Asia
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Role job description
- The Demand Planning Manager Asia Region will lead a significant part of the Henkel Planning organization and agenda.
- This newly created role will lead demand planning activities in Asia. He/She will be responsible for the performance improvement and productivity of the planning organization. The role has no direct reports but indirect reports throughout Asia. The role will be responsible for supporting and leading the strategic, tactical and operational performance efforts for planning and the supply chain through organizational design and implementation as well as utilization of world class planning tools and processes (i.e. S&OP, DS, Assortment).
- Job purpose
- The successful candidate will support Henkel’s Planning and overall Supply Chain performance improvement by implementing advanced planning tools, strategies and new supply chain management processes that will improve overall customer service levels.
- Key Interfaces
- Supply Chain and Planning teams in the countries
- Customer Service
- Manufacturing Units
Contract manufacturing Steering
- Regional Operations
- Regional Sales
- Global SC
- Role Requirements
- Hard skills:
- The manager will provide subject matter expertise for planning and supported supply chain functions;
- The manager will have direct experience in planning roles and specifically in demand planning
- The candidate will have strong knowledge of S&OP, APO, assortment and other advanced supply chain management strategies and planning tools;
- The candidate will have a strong track record of operational excellence and continuous improvement in end to end planning / supply chain with measurable results;
- The manager will have had planning organizational leadership complexity that ideally includes multi-country responsibility;
- The leader will have operated in the consumer industry with demonstrated engagement in downstream distributor and retail channels.
- Soft skills:
- The candidate should possess influence, strong communication skills, executive presence and a hands on improvement style to be successful in this role;
- The candidate should have management experience in leading and developing planning professionals;
- The candidate will have a deep understanding of advanced planning tactics and strategies;
- The candidate will have experienced and led organizational transformations and possess the courage needed to drive organizational change.
- Key Performance Objectives
- Key objectives of the role will include: the following actions with the responsibility to develop the procedure and talent based to execute the resultant changes.
- Build and lead a Henkel Asia planning community
- Design and build regional Control Towers where beneficial (decentral vs. center led)
- Drive a demand led SC via utilization of existing (APO, DS) and future planning tools
- Implement inventory assortment management
- Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery, Organizational Productivity, Inventory Turns, Forecast Accuracy, Cash Flow, EBIT
- Candidate Acumens
- The successful candidate should possess the competencies and personal attributes, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Business Acumen
- S/he will possess the business acumen to be a sound business partner in the organization by influencing and advising partners on the supply chain influences to business results.
- S/he will be able to bring a high level of strategic thinking and focus to the organization, driving a clear agenda to achieve the company’s goals;
- S/He has the ability to drive performance and strategy.
- Executing for Results
- S/he will be able to bring a high level of results focus to the organization, driving a clear set of KPI’s to achieve the business unit’s goals;
- S/he will have the know-how to convert strategies into actions with defined goals. Clearly a track record of success combining strategies and tactics will be core to the role;
- S/he has the ability to leverage and create value driven processes to drive efficiency and process while not losing the effectiveness of pace, drive and innovation;
- S/he is capable and driven to be hands-on and engaged in the operation to drive results;
- S/he has a strong track-record of success coupled with a strong customer and partner focus approach to meet client expectations.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence
- S/he will communicate with empathy across a broad range of internal stakeholders, partners and external audiences;
- S/he has excellent communication and management skills, proven inside and outside Asia;
- S/he can quickly earn credibility with peers and partners (internal & external);
- S/he will motivate others, through influence and direction and brings the right level of sensitivity and strength to navigate the Henkel network;
- S/He has worked in a multi-national organization with significant interface with external partners (JV, Clients and/or suppliers).
- S/he will be able to co-build a strong team throughout Asia, motivated to achieve the long and short-term goals. S/he will do this by engaging, delegating
appropriately and leading by example.
- S/he will demonstrate an ability to translate overarching business goals into specific objectives for each member of the community;
- S/he will introduce and support the implementation of innovative processes improving the business performance;
- S/he will possess the presence and confidence to engage at every level of the organization to gain support for major initiatives and to discuss/report business results;
- S/he will drive a sense of urgency in the operation to meet the business performance while communicating a vision for future strategic growth.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.