At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
This role will support either 2nd shift (2:00-10:30pm) OR 3rd shift (10:00pm-6:30am).
- The QC Technician is responsible for the daily activities in the QC Lab and is a key function is supporting overall plant operations – these include release testing of production batches and incoming raw materials, adjusting batches and formulas as needed, working closely with manufacturing to ensure adherence to all processing requirements, supporting new product implementation and process improvements through lab scale batches and experiments, investigating rejected batches and customer complaints, working with formulators on product development, writing technical lab reports as needed and assisting the Quality Manager with special projects.
- To be considered for this position, individuals must be technically minded and have a strong quality control and quality assurance background in laboratory testing and manufacturing processes along with proven problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- This individual must be able to work independently as well as within a team, be flexible to change and able to respond quickly and effectively under pressure in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Perform QC testing, adjust product to meet specifications and prepare small scale production batches with attention to detail and scientific methodology.
- Maintain lab equipment in proper working order and perform equipment calibrations.
- Review, write and ensure the accuracy of QC methods.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality, safety and environmental system requirements.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits.
- Maintain ongoing SAP requirements.
- Support manufacturing while working with production personnel in establishing and optimizing processes.
- Design, conduct and evaluate experiments to improve the first pass quality rate.
- Train required personnel on quality techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate the root cause for out of spec product and provide corrective actions needed.
- Lead customer complaint investigations working with R&D and Technical.