United States, Elgin, IL, Adhesive Technologies
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Must be safety focused.
- High mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting abilities a must
- Experience with mixing equipment (tanks, agitators, filters, pumps, meters, valves, etc.) • Pipefitting (line repairs) Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance and calibration; DeltaV experience preferred.
- Understanding of boiler and HVAC operation, ability to troubleshoot these systems.
- Welding (fabrication and repair) preferred.
- Must fit in environment with strong focus on PSM, Preventive Maintenance, and 5S.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated.
- Must be highly disciplined to the point that the mechanic must be able to work off a work order list and do much work alone and at the same time be flexible enough to help production teams at a moment's notice.
- High School/GED is required.
- 5 years' experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in maintenance/mechanic work
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email/word processing/computer navigation); experience with SAP preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: electrical, welding, hydraulic, boiler certificates preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50-55 lb.
- Inventory control skills/experience (maintenance spare parts control)
- At least one year of forklift driving experience required.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular