At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Lead the Mentor site in manufacturing of sealants, and construction adhesives for consumers and craftsmen.
- Provides direct leadership to Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials Management, Lean, Safety Health and Environment.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures necessary for orderly and effective operations, and ensures compliance to all applicable Henkel policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Henkel standards for human resource management, safety and loss prevention, cost control, waste reduction, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and executes operations strategies that meet Henkel financial and strategic objectives. Responsible for budget planning and results.
- Manages resources to effectively balance strategic objectives with financial return (profit) and efficient use of financial assets, including working capital. Manages all capital planning and expenditures.
- Develops innovative and cost-effective methods of manufacturing, labor management, material procurement and utilization, and business processes to position business for profitable growth
- Supports Henkel quality initiatives and leads the commitment at all levels of direct and indirect personnel to follow the Quality Management Systems.
- Audits facility operations continuously by reviewing performance, major item variances, and other critical business elements,
- Drive and maintain site Lean culture.
- Ensures development of leadership and professional skills at all level of site organization.
- Fosters a DEI culture.
The Director of Plant Operations must perform the essential duties and responsibilities in a highly effective manner. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Exceptional leadership skills that are demonstrated by achieving desired results through others and building an effective management team through coaching and mentoring.
- Have/Gain an in-depth technical understanding and knowledge to the applicable product lines.
- Proven strategic and tactical skills. Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Comprehensive business process and systems knowledge, such as ERP, and the ability to identify and implement best practices.
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a strong ethic, and a commitment to high personal standards that link to exceptional business values and ethics.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Engineering, Operations or related technical field.
- 15+ years of experience in manufacturing and product development, including 10 years of senior leadership through plant/general management experience in manufacturing.
- Proven analytical, project management and systems background.
The salary for this role is $180,000.00 - $220,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, disabilities, veteran statuses, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and other legally protected characteristics.