Effective as of: December 20, 2022
For certain aspects of the Service, there may be additional notices about information practices and choices. Please read those additional privacy disclosures to understand how they apply to you.
3. Information Collected
You can visit Our Service without telling Us who you are or revealing Personal Information about yourself, however, doing so may render certain Henkel Services unavailable to you. You may, however, choose to provide Personal Information (defined as information that identifies you or that can reasonably identify you personally, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, address, and full payment account number).
The types of information that Henkel may collect about you include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state, province/territory, postal/ZIP code, email address and telephone number), including such contact information you provide via Our “Contact Our Company” contact form found here.
- Product preferences.
- Demographic information such as age range, gender, date of birth, marital status, postal/ZIP code, and household composition.
- Device and Usage Information such as IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, including the date and time of use, data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), any other data we require for transmitting requested content, and data collected by Tracking Technologies (as described in Section 6 below).
- Information we may collect in connection with sweepstakes, contests, prize drawings, or promotions, such as information necessary to confirm your eligibility or to provide you with prizes or rewards if you win.
- Information you provide when registering for or participating in our surveys or product research initiatives.
- Order and transaction history if you purchase products from us or our brands. When you place an order with a payment card, our Service may enable you to provide payment information to our payment processor(s) to make the payment.
- Employment application information (such as information in resumes and cover letters, employment history, background screening information, demographic information as permitted by law, and any other information you provide or we collect in connection with your application).
- Information you provide to us in connection with communications with us. For example, if you send us an email, we collect the information you provide via the email. Similarly, if you call one of our customer service or product assistance lines, we may (as permitted by law) record the call and collect information you provide to us during the call.
If you choose to participate in activities made available by our Services such as website registrations, contests, sweepstakes, questionnaires, surveys, consumer service contacts, product purchases, mobile applications, social media platforms, or through Our online Careers portal or employment inquiries, Henkel will collect Personal Information that you provide.
We may enhance or merge the information that you provide to Us directly with information from other sources, including third parties, for the purposes described below. As an example, if you use or add a method of payment within our Service, we may combine that with information we receive from payment processors regarding transactions made with the same payment method.
4. Information Use
- providing the Service to you or others;
- establishing and verifying the identity and eligibility of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ profiles, accounts or memberships;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- providing products, services and support to users;
- conducting sweepstakes, surveys and contests, and providing the results thereof;
- operating and improving the Service, including tailoring it to users' preferences;
- providing users with product or service updates;
- sending promotional notices, offers or other targeted marketing, and other information;
- responding to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions, including any requests submitted through Our “Contact Our Company” contact form;
- maintaining the security and integrity of Our systems;
- understanding consumer preferences regarding our brands;
- maintaining customer relationships;
- evaluating product performance and safety;
- complying with policies, procedures, requests from government bodies, and legal requirements; and
- improving Our products and services and Our other business purposes and general administrative tasks.
Information that you provide when applying for a job or an internship via Our online Careers portal is used to provide you with information about employment opportunities, to administer the application process and consider you for employment. Where applicable, in conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies, we may ask you to provide Us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity). Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide Us with such information, we may submit that information, to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies or otherwise use or disclose it as permitted or required by law, including, without limitation, responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints.
5. Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others
For residents of Canada, you may only provide us with the contact information of friends or other personal contacts with whom you have had direct voluntary two-way communications, and with whom it is reasonable to conclude you have a personal relationship considering shared interests, experiences, opinions and other relevant factors. You may only provide email addresses of family members to whom you are related by marriage, a common-law partnership, or parent-child relationship, and with whom you have had direct voluntary two-way communications.
6. Targeted Advertising, Technology Logging, Cookies, and Related Techniques
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Service and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. You can manage whether your browser permits certain cookies and other Tracking Technologies in your browser settings, or you can review the types of cookies that are used on a site by selecting the “cookies” link on the applicable site and deactivate the types of cookies you do not want active. Other types of Tracking Technologies may include web beacons, scripts, and in-app technologies like software development kits. See Section 11 regarding certain choices regarding these activities.
Like many companies, Henkel processes Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising. We or Our third-party advertising and personalization partners may collect and use information from Tracking Technologies to develop personalized content and advertising (including for companies not affiliated with Us) based on your visits over time on Henkel and non-Henkel websites, apps and other online services. You may see these advertisements on other websites, apps and online services. This information may also be used to evaluate Our and third-party online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you on Our Service and other websites apps and online services. These ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Service and elsewhere on the internet, sometimes referred to as “targeted advertising,” “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising” (“Targeted Advertising”). For information on your ability to opt-out of Targeted Advertising see Section 11 below.
7. Data Sharing and Storage
- Henkel’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including in connection with their work on Henkel’s behalf. For more information on choices you may have see Section 11.
- We may release Personal Information if permitted or required to do so by our policies, law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or upon request of government authorities.
- We may provide Personal Information, and other information, to third parties in connection with the reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets, or stock, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Henkel may share Personal Information with its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (“Affiliates”), and other third parties, some of which may be located outside of the United States and Canada.
8. Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Henkel’s content; logging in to the Service using your Third-Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Service to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service (see Section 5) or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Henkel or other Henkel Affiliates in a tweet or status update), you agree that your post may be used on or in connection with the Service or otherwise by Henkel or other Henkel Affiliates. Also, both Henkel and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and any Third-Party Service.
9. Security and Monitoring
Henkel will take precautions to protect your Personal Information. Personal Information may be accessed by persons within Our organization as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception and that the internet and online digital storage are not completely secure, and We do not guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Service.
Monitoring may result in the collection, recording, and analysis of online activity or communications through Our Service – either by us or by our service providers and third-party partners. If you do not consent to these conditions, you must discontinue your use of the Service.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age. Henkel does not intend to collect Personal Information of children under 13 (“Children’s Personal Information”). If We obtain knowledge that We have collected Children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by applicable law, We will remove such data as required by law.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service, and who posted content or information on the Service, can request removal by contacting Henkel here detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. Henkel will then make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that Henkel does not control.
11. Choices Regarding Personally Information
A. Tracking Technologies Generally
Cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
B. Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
Like many companies, Henkel processes information we collect about you for Targeted Advertising. You may choose whether to receive some Targeted Advertising by:
- Submitting opt-outs to industry programs. Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for Us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can opt-out from Targeted Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. These companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- You can also opt out of Targeted Advertising by (a) clicking on Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information and submitting an opt-out request to us, or by (b) clicking on “Cookie Settings” on the relevant website and deactivate cookies.
C. Mobile Apps
With respect to Henkel’s mobile apps (“apps”), you can stop all collection of data generated by use of the app by uninstalling the app. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain features (e.g., location-based services, push notifications, accessing calendar/contacts/phots, etc.), by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device and/or the app’s settings. For information about opting out of Targeted Advertising relating to mobile apps, visit the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails or text messaging) from Henkel at any time by (i) for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or if available by changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account; and (ii) for text messages, following the instructions provided in text messages from Henkel to text the word, “STOP”; and (iii) for app push notifications turn off push notifications on the settings of your device and/or the app, as applicable. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, Henkel may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Our ongoing business relations.
E. Careers Center
If you have created a resume using Our online Careers portal you may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information or resume at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. You may delete your resume from Our online database at any time by accessing your account; provided, however, that We reserve the right to maintain a copy for as long as is required or permitted by applicable law.
12. Notices and Rights for Residents of Certain States
A. California Rights: Additional notice about our privacy practices and your California-specific rights are explained here:
B. Virginia Residents: Under applicable law, you may have the rights (in each case under the conditions and to the extent set out in applicable law):
• Right of Access: A right to confirm whether we are processing Personal Information about you, and to request to access such Personal Information (including, if applicable, in a portable and readily usable format).
• Right of Correction: A right to correct inaccuracies in certain Personal Information we may hold about you; and
• Right of Deletion: A right to request that we delete Personal Information concerning you. Please note that if you have requested a service that requires the use of your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide that service if you choose to delete your Personal Information.
You can submit a request to exercise your rights by visiting our Consumer Rights Request page here.
If your rights request is denied, applicable law may give you a right to lodge an appeal with use. The response to your rights request will inform you of any appeal rights you may have and tell you how you can exercise them.
C. Nevada Rights: Nevada “consumers” have the right to instruct us not to “sell” “covered information” as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. Although we do not currently “sell” “covered information” of Nevada “consumers” as those terms are defined under that law, you may contact us at PrivacyNA@henkel.com and provide your name, Nevada resident address, and email address to be verified and exercise your opt-out rights in the event we do sell covered information under that law in the future. If you change your email address or other contact information, contact us in the same manner to update your contact information to help facilitate your opt-out. Changing your contact information elsewhere (e.g., informational requests, account information, etc.) will not update your Nevada opt-out information and we will only use the information provided to our opt-out program for managing opt-outs. It is your responsibility to keep your opt-out information current.
Please send Us your questions or comments regarding Our privacy practices by emailing Us at PrivacyNA@henkel.com, or sending Us a letter addressed to:
Henkel Privacy Inquiries
One Henkel Way
Rocky Hill, CT 06067