30 Years Sustainable Development
Throughout our company’s long history, we’ve developed innovative products and manufacturing processes that save resources and cut waste.
Henkel delivers significant sales increase in 2022 – poised for further growth in fiscal 2023
- Full year results 2022:
- Group sales: 22.4 billion euros, organic growth* of 8.8 percent
- Operating profit (EBIT)**: 2.3 billion euros, -13.7 percent
- EBIT margin**: 10.4 percent, -3.0pp
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)**: 3.90 euros, -17.8 percent at constant exchange rates
- Proposed dividend on prior-year level: 1.85 euros per preferred share
- Good progress in implementing Purposeful Growth Agenda
- New business unit Consumer Brands live
- Sustainability driven forward in key areas
- Outlook for fiscal 2023: further growth expected
- Organic sales growth: 1.0 to 3.0 percent
- EBIT margin**: 10.0 to 12.0 percent
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)**: between -10.0 and +10.0 percent (at constant exchange rates)
Henkel drives progress in sustainability with improvements in climate protection and social engagement
- Climate protection: Share of renewable electricity use at production sites worldwide climbs to 70 percent, reducing CO2-emissions by 55 percent (per ton of product)
- Circular economy: Further progress towards 100 percent recyclable and reusable packaging
- Social engagement: Solidarity program of 6 million euros for victims of Ukraine war
- Gender Parity Ambition: Further increasing share of women in management positions
- “Sustainability Pioneers”: Global employee engagement program successfully rolled out
Henkel volunteers support CSR-projects for renovation and building around the globe
Corporate Citizenship is a key element of Henkel´s sustainability strategy. To help people leading a better life, the company has set itself the goal to improve the lives of 30 million people worldwide*. This commitment among others is based on the volunteering engagement of its employees including dedicated housing and renovation projects. UN-Habitat estimates that by 2030 about 3 billion people will need access to adequate housing**. This corresponds to about 40 per cent of the world’s population and a demand for 96,000 new affordable and accessible housing units every day.
Mark Dorn to become new Executive Vice President Adhesive Technologies
Effective February 1, 2023, Mark Dorn (49), currently Senior Vice President at Henkel with responsibility for the Adhesive Technologies business in the Asia-Pacific region, will be appointed Executive Vice President and member of the Management Board responsible for the Adhesive Technologies business unit. He succeeds Jan-Dirk Auris, who will leave the company at the end of January 2023 after around 35 years of successful service.
Henkel signs agreement with Shell on renewable-based ingredients for Persil®, Purex® and all® brands
Shell to replace approximately 200,000 tonnes of fossil feedstocks with renewable feedstocks for cleaning ingredients used in Henkel’s largest laundry brands in North America. A third-party certified mass balance approach will be used.