More news and stories
Henkel presents successful implementation of purposeful growth agenda and raises sales guidance for 2022
- Implementation of new organizational structure in the Consumer Brands business unit ahead of plan
- Continued strong organic sales performance at Adhesive Technologies
- Outlook for organic sales growth for Henkel in fiscal 2022 increased: +5.5 to +7.5 percent (previously +4.5 to +6.5 percent)
- Adhesive Technologies and Consumer Brands well positioned for capturing future growth and profit opportunities
- Confirmation of mid- to long-term financial ambition
Henkel acquires Thermexit business from Nanoramic
Henkel has completed the acquisition of the Thermal Management Materials business of Nanoramic Laboratories (Nanoramic) headquartered in Boston, MA, USA, marketed under the brand Thermexit™ (Thermexit). Nanoramic, until 2018 known as FastCAP Systems Corporation, is an R&D company focused on developing high-end energy storage and thermal management technologies based on carbon composites. With this acquisition Henkel aims to strengthen the position of its Adhesive Technologies business unit in the growing markets for Thermal Interface Materials (TIM) by expanding its capabilities in high-performance segments.
Henkel acquires advanced materials start-up NBD Nanotechnologies Inc.
Henkel completed the acquisition of the US-based advanced materials start-up NBD Nanotechnologies Inc. (NBD Nano). NBD Nano, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, has expertise in developing surface properties such as repellency for plastics or optical coatings for displays. With this acquisition Henkel aims to strengthen the position of its Adhesive Technologies business unit in the area of functional coatings.
Henkel significantly increases sales, drives strategic agenda and raises sales guidance for 2022
- Group sales in the first half of 2022 grew organically by +8.9 percent to around 10.9 billion euros (nominal +9.9 percent), driven by all business units and regions
- Earnings impacted, as expected, by drastic input cost headwinds:
- Operating profit (EBIT)* reaches 1,166 million euros (-18.5%)
- EBIT margin* at 10.7% (-370 basis points)
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)* at 1.95 euros, -20.8% at constant exchange rates
- Good progress in implementing the purposeful growth agenda and in merging the consumer businesses into Henkel Consumer Brands
- Outlook for fiscal 2022 updated:
- Organic sales growth: increased to +4.5 to +6.5 percent
- EBIT margin*: unchanged at 9.0 to 11.0 percent
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)* at constant exchange rates: unchanged a decline in the range of -35 to -15 percent
Henkel invests in technology start-up Direct-C
Henkel Adhesive Technologies strengthens its capabilities for predictive maintenance solutions by investing in Direct-C LTD (Direct-C), Edmonton, Canada. The company has developed a sophisticated sensor technology for the early detection of hydrocarbon leakages. With the investment Henkel aims to further expand its maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) business and to drive the implementation of innovative digital applications.
Henkel and CITC Forge Partnership to Accelerate High-Thermal Die Attach Solutions
Henkel Adhesive Technologies and Chip Integration Technology Center (CITC) announced today that the organizations have formalized an agreement to collaborate on the development of high-thermal die attach solutions for radio frequency (RF) and power electronics.